Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Unseen Part 1 (It Begins) By Richie Tankersley Cusick


The Unseen Part 1 It Begins



Author: Richie Tankersley Cusick




Publication: 2003 Speak (An Imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.)




Back of the book summary:



What is happening to Lucy?



Overwhelmed with grief over the death of her mother, Lucy spends her days sleeping, her nights out walking aimlessly. One rainy night, she becomes convinced that someone is following her, and frantically ducks into a cemetery to try to lose the stalker. Panicking, she slips and stumbles into an open grave, only to discover she is not alone in there....
Almost immediately, Lucy begins having terrifying visions and dreams-as though someone, somewhere, were trying to tell her something-and she can't shake the feeling of an unseen presence, always watching, waiting to make its move....


My Review:

I was a bit skeptic when I read the back myself, but I decided to give it a try. I was pleasntly surprised, however, to find that it was a really good read. I believe that it is one of those books that is easy to skip over on the shelf and is highly underestimated. Even so I think that it should be given a chance (if you're unsure, check at your local library first). It is a first in a series and I myself am quite interested in how it will end.

Cusick writes in a simple yet colorful way so that the reader can understand circumstances and picture the story vividly, like watching a movie. There were times where I would think about a smell she was describing or the feel and believe it to be almost tangible myself. I very much enjoy books like this.The end left me on edge and wanting to know what happened next, did the main characters live or did they not? Cusick sets it up so you will want more as good writers should.

No comments:

Post a Comment