Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent



My Soul to Take

Author: Rachel Vincent

Publication: August 1st 2009 by Harlequin Teen

Goodreads Summary:

Something is wrong with Kaylee Cavanaugh

She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…

My Review:

My Soul to Take was an over all good book about a topic I hadn't read about before (at least not as the focal point of a story). I will give it points for being original. I didn't catch onto the topic until it was shoved into my face about 100 or so pages into the story because I'd never even thought of using that kind of mythical creature. Before I learned of what was going on, I thought Kaylee's condition to be kind of moronic, but as soon as I found out it snapped into place and became a way better book than I was anticipating. I really like how it turned out and I can't wait to read the next one to see what will happen. The series could probably ended with the first book if Vincent had wanted it too so I am interested to see what will happen in the next book which is titled: My Soul to Save. I'd probably say this book gets a 4/5 at best.

3 comments:

  1. Nice review! I thought the whole banshee theme was kinda neat and different from all the other fantasy books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I have been meaning to read this, but it keeps getting put off. Hopefully, I will be able to get around to it sooner than later. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how the topic is original. I like Vincent's adult series and definitely recommend it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete