Friday, February 5, 2010

New Beginnings!

Hello people in blog land! I am quite pleased to announce my new hobby: Book reviews for the Young Adult Genre! YAY! To forewarn I may sneak in other genres that are above or below YA. but I will put out warnings so do not fret my dears! Now for my first review:

Author: Alice Hoffman


Publication: May 1st 2004 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2003)


Goodreads summery:

Left on her own when her family dies in a terrible disaster, fifteen-year-old Green is haunted by loss and by the past. Struggling to survive physically and emotionally in a place where nothing seems to grow and ashes are everywhere, Green retreats into the ruined realm of her garden. But in destroying her feelings, she also begins to destroy herself, erasing the girl she'd once been as she inks darkness into her skin. It is only through a series of mysterious encounters that Green can relearn the lessons of love and begin to heal enough to tell her story.

My Review:

Green Angel is an easy read consisting of about 128 pages (give or take). Though it may take only a few hours to read, it is sure to captivate. The way Green loses and subsequently finds herself is inspiring; Especially after losing her whole family and having to live in a world without almost any joy or life left. This book made me appreciate my life and all of my friends and family just a little more. I would definitely recommend it to be read at least once.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! A new book review blog! I've never seen one before! :) That's so cool! I hope to read a lot of great reviews soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Blogging Community!! I'm Casey aka Kate's secret twin :D

    ReplyDelete