Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins




The Hunger Games

Author:
Suzanne Collins

Publication: October 1st 2008 by Scholastic Press (first published September 13th 2008)

Goodreads Summary:


In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily takes her younger sister's place


My Review: Wow Goodreads doesn't to this book a bit of justice, what a short summary. ANYWAYS! This book is absolutely wonderful and a bit dark. Many of the people that live in the twelve districts are starving and struggling, while the people in the capital have rich food, plastic surgery/amazing medical advancements, and high tech. technology. In district 12 it's pretty bad, the main character, Katniss, is often forced to break the law and go outside the gates to the forest to hunt, which is also illegal. Apparently there were thirteen districts and they started an uprising against the capital, which ended badly and results in now only twelve districts thanks to the thirteenth being obliterated by the capital. Also the capital created the Hunger Games, which forces each district to give up two competitors, ranging between the age of twelve to the age of eighteen. The capital forces them to fight to the death leaving only one standing to win the prizes and glory for their district. Back to Katniss, She becomes a competitor to save her little sister from having to compete when she is chosen.

There that's a little better sorry if it's a little messed up, I don't do summaries very well. Oh well, back to the review part! This book is absolutely AWESOME!!! It's an edge-of-your-seat-page -turner tat you won't be able to put down! Well at least I couldn't ha ha ;P I finished it in a day and it's not exactly the shortest book ever. I really, really, really recommend this book to anyone who hasn't read it yet and I definitely give it a 5/5 my highest rating yet! 0_O I actually gave a full 5 out of 5... AMAZING!!! It's because this book truly deserves it and by the by:Yep I just did that!
(found this pic on google so don't say I made it or anything 'cause I didn't)

2 comments:

  1. Glad I could introduce you to yet another amazing series! Also glad that you picked the right team ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete