Monday, March 1, 2010

Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews



Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger #1)

Author: V.C. Andrews

Publication: November 10th 2009 by Simon Pulse (first published 2005) (Flowers in the Attic first Published in 1979) (Petals on the Wind first published in 1980)

Goodreads Summary: (of Flowers in the Attic)
It was a case of tender, loving murder.

The four children had perfect lives. They lived in a golden family filled with happiness. But when their father dies suddenly, their mother throws themselves on the mercy of her parents - who had disowned her long ago.

Their mother promised they would stay only long enough to inherit the fortune. But gradually she forgot how much she adored her family. Kept hidden in the airless attic, the children now lived alone except for fleeting visits from their mother. Visits that became increasing infrequent... and increasingly deadly...

Flowers in the Attic: the compelling story of a family's betrayal and heartbreak, love and revenge.

(I corrected some errors in the above Summary spelling only)

My Review:

Wow Flowers in the Attic was a mix of amazing, heartbreaking, and revolting. It was a really good, well written book. It makes a lot of sad scenes in new YA books look like the happiest moments ever! I'm not saying all, just some. This book made me cry quite a few times and if you know me then you know that I don't cry about every sad little thing I read or see. I've heard there are five books in the Dollanganger series and I just don't know if I CAN read the rest. It was really good but REALLY sad. I bought an edition that came with the second book as well but I've only the heart so far to read the first one. This is a really good book and I'm going to TRY to read the rest in the series just so I can see if it at least ends up somewhat happy. I'll give it a nice 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment