Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong

WARNING!!! Spoilers for the previous two books and all that jazz.

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3)

Author:
Kelley Armstrong

Publication: April 6th 2010 by Orbit (first published March 19th 2010)

Goodreads Summary:

Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.



My Review:


Yeah sorry I missed my appointed update time but I just forgot, with all the plans to go on Vacation and all. The Reckoning was almost as good as its predecessors, but there were some key things that bothered me about it. First of all there wasn't as much excitement and adventure like the other books, probably because they're mostly stuck in one spot and lacking motivation of immediate danger. And another thing is, it's like Armstrong wanted to make more books at first but later decided to just close it all at one time leaving plot holes everywhere. I heard this is the last one so that doesn't make me too happy. One plot hole that particularly annoyed me (warning just in case you might feel I spoiled something) was she introduced a character and a problem for like a paragraph and it just suddenly disappeared; that really bugged me. So with all that happening I think I would give it a 3.5/5 but my mother read the same book and loved it so for her sake I'll bump it up to a 4.5 because it did end in pretty much the way I wanted it to. So an extra point for emotional happiness (pfft who needs logic when you can have the happy emotion? Stupid Spock!) but I digress This book is still good and I do recommend it for anyone who likes the previous novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment